This is an unprecedented moment in the nation’s history—one that will define us for generations to come. The coming together of a global pandemic and economic crisis has revealed the fragility of our economy and health care system and the burden carried by women in society where both racism and sexism are deeply entrenched and embedded in most, if not all our institutions, systems, and structures.
- It will take 217 years to close the economic gender gap globally.
- In the United States, the pay gap has only closed by about 8 cents over the last few decades.
- Although women are 50 percent of the U.S. population, they hold just between 23 to 28 percent of all elected or appointed offices.
- Just about 6 percent of S&P 500 CEOs are women.
- Women lose up to $1 million in earnings to workplace sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Only 2.3 percent of venture funding went to women-led startups.
- 2 percent of decision makers at Venture Capital firms are women. Most firms still don’t have a single female partner
It’s time to accelerate change and move the needle on women’s progress and equality in the U.S. and globally. Join IWPR and its partners at the 2022 Power+ Summit to help Make Equal Happen.